Have you decided to become a massage therapist? Are you confused about how to choose the best school for you? Keep reading for tips to ensure you are moving in the right direction:
- Shop around. Your education is one on the most important investments you can make. Even if you feel you have found the school that is right for you, check out other institutions. You want to make sure that the program you choose will be the best fit for you.
- Have a massage. As my grandmother always said, “The proof is in the pudding.” You will truly be able to experience and feel what your education would be like.
- Ask questions. When you tour the school, come with a list of questions in hand. Ask the school representative not only about schedules and costs but also about what a typical day is like, who your classmates will be, who your teachers will be, and anything else you are curious about. Ask questions of the students who are currently enrolled when you come in and have a massage service, too.
- Know what you’re paying for. Program costs can vary widely. Some programs are all inclusive while others are limited to the cost of tuition. Find out if textbooks, uniforms, products, and supplies are included or not.
- Think about your future. What can and does the school provide to support you and your new career as a massage therapist? Find out what services the school has in place for job placement. Does the school have professional affiliations, career services, or professional development as part of the program? It’s great to get a good education, but you are really investing in your future.
- Think about yourself. Health and well-being is at the core of the massage therapy profession. Creating this balance for yourself is at the core of your success. Where can you see yourself experiencing the greatest level of self-awareness, self-discovery, and self-satisfaction? Let YOU be at the center of choosing a school.
Interested in visiting our school? Curious about our programs, campus culture, or financial aid? Schedule a tour with our school director and see what we’re all about. Call 781-960-0123 or email email@example.com for tours.