“What do I want to be when I grow up?” It’s a question we’re asked when we’re young, and a question we ask ourselves when we’re older (what does “grown up” really mean anyway?). Turns out, it’s a much harder question to tackle than many of us thought. Even if you’ve narrowed down your dream field to massage therapy, makeup artistry or esthetics, it can still be a daunting task to find your perfect job and pin-point how you want to make a mark in your career.
No need to be overwhelmed, though. Follow our easy 4-step guide to sort through your options and have a specific plan in mind when you find the perfect job.
- Keep an updated spreadsheet of businesses you are interested in working for.
- Go undercover and have a service at one of the spas/salons you are interested in.
- Don’t be afraid to hand out your resume! You are your own best advertisement.
- Keep up with industry trends by getting a subscription to trade magazines.
- Be prepared to perform a service as part of your interview.
- Never forget that confidence is key!