You slathered on the SPF, packed a striped umbrella, donned a floppy hat and consumed enough water to make water-gallon-toting-gym-goers envious. But your skin is still dry?! Despite your valiant efforts, the harsh summer sun and sea has managed to sap your precious epidermis of hydration. Fear not though, my skin-conscious beauties, Elizabeth Grady has what you need for flawless skin this summer.
To combat pesky summer skin, we recommend our Swept Away and Body Balm products. They help clear out pores clogged by salt, sweat and sun block and hydrate sun-dried and salty skin, keeping your skin radiant and glowing, sans sun.
Swept Away is a citrus scented, pore-refining body scrub; it eliminates dead skin cells using botanical extracts like Jojoba Oil and Aloe, which leaves your skin fresh, clean and soft.
Why we’re excited about it: Jojoba Oil!
- When skin care professionals stopped using whale fat in skincare products in the 70s, they turned to the equally beneficial but safer and eco-friendly Jojoba Oil.
- The plant is an old remedy for skin care; Native Americans used the plant for its medicinal properties.
- Jojoba Oil is a naturally occurring anti-bacterial that just so happens to provide your skin with a luxurious layer of moisture when applied, unlike other alocohol-based products.
- The moisture provided by Jojoba also lasts longer than other products because it is oil-like, but it isn’t an actual oil; it is a waxy substance that is very similar to sebum, which keeps the skin moisturized.
- It is exceedingly safe to use as it is non-toxic, non-comedogenic and non-allergenic and even prevents damage from free radicals.
Crafted with olive oil, sweet almond, apricot kernel, shea butter and avocado oil, Body Balm replenishes lost moisture and leaves skin silky smooth.
Why we’re excited about it: Shea Butter and Aloe!
- Shea butter is packed with nourishing Vitamin A and, like Jojoba oil, it is the same type of moisture that the body creates naturally in the sebaceous glands(the glands that produce oils, or sebum) and contains several healthy fatty acids.
- Vitamin A contributes to skin regeneration, which helps prevent signs of aging.
- Shea butter is derived from the seed of the Karite tree of the African savannah and is processed without the use of harmful chemicals.
- Its moisturizing properties make it an excellent treatment for sunburns, eczema and stretch marks. Plus, Shea butter contains cinnamic acid (related to regular cinnamon), which helps protect skin from ultraviolet radiation.
- Aloe appeared in the book of natural medicines mentioned in the Rig Veda; that’s 4,500 years ago! There are also references to Aloe on Egyptian papyrus.
- Aloe’s properties are well established; it helps with sunburns, insect bites, rashes and cuts. However, it also aids in cell regeneration.
- The plant has over 75 nutrients, 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 active enzymes.
- Aloe Vera contains: antioxidants, which help the body combat free radicals; salicylic acid, which has the same anti-inflammatory properties as aspirin and acts as an antibacterial.
- Aloe also helps get rid of fine lines, wrinkles and dead skin.
Celebrate your skin this summer with the hydration and nourishment provided by Swept Away and Body Balm… with a little help from Mother Nature.